This observer confesses to having purchased four children near Ramlet el Baida beach recently from a stressed –out Syrian woman. I am not sure if she was as she appeared to be or was from one of human trafficking gangs which operate widely these days in Lebanon as they market Syrian children or vulnerable adult women.
If the American Revolution was in some large measure a tax rebellion, we should appreciate the bitter irony that the U.S. Constitution was in some large measure a reaction to a tax rebellion. It's another reason we can reasonably view the move toward the Constitution -- toward, that is, the concentration of power in a national government -- as a counter-revolution and something for libertarians to abhor.
by William Blum
If the American presidential election winds up with Hillary Clinton vs. Donald Trump, and my passport is confiscated, and I’m somehow FORCED to choose one or the other, or I’m PAID to do so, paid well … I would vote for Trump.
Page 9 of 560
Most Read News
- Turkish reporters get two years in prison for blasphemy
- Dozens of civilians killed in Syria's Aleppo attacks
- Qatari bank investigates reports of massive data leak
- South Africa's Julius Malema warns Zuma government
- EU leaders praise Turkey for its treatment of refugees
- US election: Trump and Clinton win in Northeast poll
|William T. Hathaway|
|Liaquat Ali Khan|