I have written previously expressing the view that Obama’s presidency had been the result of a scam that committed the US and the world to eight years of lacklustre and often entirely contrary action by Obama in relation to the promised ‘change’ and I speculated that the voting public may well have been conned again by an elaborate sleight of hand in the theatrical rise of Donald Trump.
Six months ago, the UN’s Economic and Social Commission for West Asia (ESCWA) asked Virginia Tilley and me to write a study examining the applicability of the international criminal law concept of apartheid to Israel’s policies and practices toward the Palestinian people. We were glad to accept the assignment, and conceived of our role as engaging in an academic undertaking. ESCWA, one of several UN regional commissions, requested the study as a result of an uncontested motion adopted by its 18 Arab member governments.
Trump’s vow to defeat what he terms radical Islamic terrorism forces the United States to manoeuvre the Middle East and North Africa’s murky world of ever shifting alliances and labyrinth of power struggles within power struggles.
Page 4 of 524
Most Read News
- Ivanka faces tough questions over Trump in Berlin
- Pope Francis arrives in Egypt on historic visit
- Turkey targets Kurdish fighters in Iraq and Syria
- Tens of thousands to protest Trump's climate policies
- Trump tells UN to prepare new North Korea sanctions
- Palestinian 'day of rage' in support of prisoners