The LRWC/CLMG Briefing to the Committee against Torture for consideration at CAT's review of Canada adherance to the Convention against Torture which will take place in Geneva on May 22-23. This report chronciles some of the violations of the Convention against Torture by officials acting on behalf of Canada and by Canada's Executive: violations by actions and inaction.
Lawyers Rights Watch Canada and the International Civil Liberties Monitoring Group call on the Committee against Torture to recommend that Canada investigate and prosecute officials involved in the torture and other prohibited treatment of Omar Khadr during his illegal imprisonment at Bagram and Guantanamo.
The LRWC/CLMG Briefing
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Syria's war: Astana peace talks 'set for January 23'
- Exclusive: Israel lobby infiltrates UK student movement
- Syria rebels deny deal with government on water supply
- Trump's secretary of state pick faces confirmation
- AU fails to persuade Yahya Jammeh to step down
- Donald Trump blasts US intel for 'fake' Russia dossier
|Allen L. Jasson|