The LRWC/CLMG Briefing to the Committee against Torture for consideration at CAT's review of Canada adherance to the Convention against Torture which will take place in Geneva on May 22-23. This report chronciles some of the violations of the Convention against Torture by officials acting on behalf of Canada and by Canada's Executive: violations by actions and inaction.
Lawyers Rights Watch Canada and the International Civil Liberties Monitoring Group call on the Committee against Torture to recommend that Canada investigate and prosecute officials involved in the torture and other prohibited treatment of Omar Khadr during his illegal imprisonment at Bagram and Guantanamo.
The LRWC/CLMG Briefing
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Families wait for answers to missing EgyptAir plane
- Dozens injured as protesters storm Baghdad's Green Zone
- NATO chief: No plans for combat troops in Libya
- Nigeria's Buhari meets freed Chibok girl Amina
- Paris attacks suspect refuses to speak at hearing
- Iraqis mourn protesters shot dead in Baghdad Green Zone