The LRWC/CLMG Briefing to the Committee against Torture for consideration at CAT's review of Canada adherance to the Convention against Torture which will take place in Geneva on May 22-23. This report chronciles some of the violations of the Convention against Torture by officials acting on behalf of Canada and by Canada's Executive: violations by actions and inaction.
Lawyers Rights Watch Canada and the International Civil Liberties Monitoring Group call on the Committee against Torture to recommend that Canada investigate and prosecute officials involved in the torture and other prohibited treatment of Omar Khadr during his illegal imprisonment at Bagram and Guantanamo.
The LRWC/CLMG Briefing
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Syria: Government forces take Daraya after evacuation
- Bangladesh: Kerry talks security with PM Hasina
- Hundreds of Malaysian protesters call for 1MDB arrest
- Syria: Turkey targets Kurdish forces south of Jarablus
- Colombia ceasefire ends half-century-long war
- French minister summons Muslim leaders to bridge gaps