On April 17, about 1,600 Palestinian prisoners began open-ended hunger strikes. More on that below.
Palestinians face hellish conditions in Israeli prisons. They endure torture, deprivation, isolation, intimidation, and denial of basic rights.
by Jacob G. Hornberger
Both Glenn Greenwald and Chris Hedges have excellent analyses of the federal terrorism conviction of American citizen named Tarek Mehanna.
At his sentencing hearing last week in federal court, Mehanna delivered a scathing condemnation of U.S. foreign policy, a statement that Greenwald incorporates in full in his blog.
The Pontifex Maximus, Pope Benedict XVI, will visit Lebanon from 14 to 16 September 2012. This papal visit will coincide with the 30th anniversary of the Sabra and Shatila massacre that was perpetrated by Christian militia forces under the watch of Israeli occupation troops. To make atonement for the crimes committed by “his” Christian brothers he should commemorate this anniversary by visiting his Palestinian Muslim brothers and sisters, who can be regarded as “the Wretched of the Earth” in Lebanon because they enjoy no rights whatsoever.
Page 336 of 552
Most Read News
- Army 'regains ground' from #ISIL in battle for Ramadi
- Retrial of Al Jazeera journalists in #Egypt postponed
- Anti-ISIL rally turns violent in #Ethiopia
- #Spain issues alert over oil slick threatening islands
- Drowning in a cacophony of content as #YouTube turns 10
- French minister says church attack foiled in #Paris