Israeli police and hundreds of Muslim worshippers have continued to battle near the al-Aqsa mosque.
In the third street battle this week, Israeli police on Friday fired tear gas at stone-throwing Palestinian protesters.
The disputes are said to have been sparked by fears that far-right Israeli activists were planning to enter Muslim-controlled areas at the site which is known to Muslims as the Haram al-Shareef and to Jews as Temple Mount.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Finland: Tens of thousands march in anti-racism rallies
- Yemen: '26 killed' by coalition air strike in Hodeidah
- Venezuela: No recall vote for Nicolas Maduro in 2016
- State of emergency declared in Charlotte after protests
- Call for emergency UN meet amid regime assault in Syria
- Iraq: Security forces recapture Shirqat from ISIL
Who Is Your Choice for President?