Israeli police and hundreds of Muslim worshippers have continued to battle near the al-Aqsa mosque.
In the third street battle this week, Israeli police on Friday fired tear gas at stone-throwing Palestinian protesters.
The disputes are said to have been sparked by fears that far-right Israeli activists were planning to enter Muslim-controlled areas at the site which is known to Muslims as the Haram al-Shareef and to Jews as Temple Mount.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Street battles rage as #ISIL inches deeper into Damascus
- #Nepal police kill protesters amid political unrest
- #Egypt summons UK envoy over Al Jazeera verdict remarks
- Riot police clear protesters occupying #Beirut ministry
- Detained Vice News staff to appear in Turkish court
- Thai police reward themselves $84K over bomb arrest
|William deB. Mills|
|Liaquat Ali Khan|