Israeli police and hundreds of Muslim worshippers have continued to battle near the al-Aqsa mosque.
In the third street battle this week, Israeli police on Friday fired tear gas at stone-throwing Palestinian protesters.
The disputes are said to have been sparked by fears that far-right Israeli activists were planning to enter Muslim-controlled areas at the site which is known to Muslims as the Haram al-Shareef and to Jews as Temple Mount.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- #Kenya hits out after UK issues travel warning
- Al-Shabab kills nine in #Somalia hotel attack
- #Thailand to continue keeping 17 'Uighurs' in custody
- Report: Hundreds of thousands live under siege in #Syria
- #Iran warns of bloodshed as Saudi-led forces bomb #Yemen
- French probe retrieves 'usable data' from downed plane
|William T. Hathaway|