Israeli police and hundreds of Muslim worshippers have continued to battle near the al-Aqsa mosque.
In the third street battle this week, Israeli police on Friday fired tear gas at stone-throwing Palestinian protesters.
The disputes are said to have been sparked by fears that far-right Israeli activists were planning to enter Muslim-controlled areas at the site which is known to Muslims as the Haram al-Shareef and to Jews as Temple Mount.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- #Philippines army and rebel clashes leaves dozens dead
- Ex-Israeli spy chief slams Netanyahu on #Iran handling
- Palestinians tear-gassed during West Bank protests
- US nominates first ambassador to #Somalia since 1991
- US officials question Netanyahu's judgement
- #Iran destroys mock US aircraft carrier in naval drills