Israeli police and hundreds of Muslim worshippers have continued to battle near the al-Aqsa mosque.
In the third street battle this week, Israeli police on Friday fired tear gas at stone-throwing Palestinian protesters.
The disputes are said to have been sparked by fears that far-right Israeli activists were planning to enter Muslim-controlled areas at the site which is known to Muslims as the Haram al-Shareef and to Jews as Temple Mount.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Several dead in #Turkey in attacks blamed on PKK group
- Kerry to discuss #Iran nuclear deal with #Egypt and #Qatar
- Pastor 'admits bid to build Christian state in N Korea'
- UK restricts dissident Chinese artist's visa request
- Iraqis vent anger over power cuts and corruption
- #Israel authorises force-feeding of prisoners