Israeli police and hundreds of Muslim worshippers have continued to battle near the al-Aqsa mosque.
In the third street battle this week, Israeli police on Friday fired tear gas at stone-throwing Palestinian protesters.
The disputes are said to have been sparked by fears that far-right Israeli activists were planning to enter Muslim-controlled areas at the site which is known to Muslims as the Haram al-Shareef and to Jews as Temple Mount.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- #France says two Paris bombers travelled through Greece
- Rights group slam 'Islamophobia' of US candidates
- #Argentina exit polls suggest win for opposition's Macri
- French aircraft carrier sent to target ISIL in #Syria
- Refugee border controls putting lives 'at risk'
- Mass raids after #Paris attacks spark civil rights fears
|William T. Hathaway|
|William A. Cook|