At least 20 road construction workers have been killed in a blast while working inside a tunnel in central China, officials said.
The explosion on Saturday in Hunan province also injured one person, according to provincial work safety officials.
The blast occurred when a vehicle was unloading explosives in the tunnel on a road under construction between Yanling and Rucheng in Hunan, the official Xinhua news agency said.
Twenty workers died in the blast and one body has been recovered, Xinhua said.
Four other workers escaped with injuries, and one was taken to hospital in a critical condition.
Accidents and explosions are common in China due to lax enforcement of safety standards.
In November, an explosion in southwestern China killed at least seven people and injured about 200.
It was caused by three explosives-laden vehicles that caught fire and destroyed a garage and a food warehouse.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- #Philippines army and rebel clashes leaves dozens dead
- Activists say 90 Christians abducted by ISIL in #Syria
- US and #Iran laud 'progress' in nuclear talks
- Two top Mubarak-era officials acquitted in #Egypt
- US officials question Netanyahu's judgement
- Suicide blasts at Nigerian bus stations leave 22 dead
- #China cries foul over Modi visit to disputed region
- Reports of shelling in northern #Myanmar
- #Myanmar declares state of emergency in war-torn region
- Hong Kong ferry captain found guilty of manslaughter
- #Myanmar Kokang rebels 'kill dozens' of soldiers
- Violence flares in #Myanmar border area with #China